As a new student at Adventist University of Health Sciences, you are required to take the Proficiency Profile exam within your first trimester. This test can be accessed online at http://proficiencyprofile.ets.org and does not affect your admission status or your GPA.
You must complete this before you will be able to register for your second trimester.
Please follow the steps below to complete this test. A registration hold will be placed and will prevent you from registering for your second trimester until this test has been completed. If you have any questions during this process, please contact Aaron Wright in the Center for Academic Achievement at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 407-303-7747 x1106413. Thank you!
Please follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Print off this page of instructions to refer to while taking the assessment. You will not be able to access these instructions online once you have started the assessment. Please note: The ETS® Proficiency Profile is a timed assessment. If you do not complete the assessment in the designated time (40 minutes), a message box will display and the assessment will automatically be scored. Make sure you monitor the time remaining by checking the timer in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Go to the ETS Proficiency Profile web site http://proficiencyprofile.ets.org. Please note: Close all open applications except Internet Explorer before accessing the site. Turn off or disable all pop-up blockers. If a pop-up blocker is on it will interfere with the “Help” button on the assessment.
- Click on the link to Download ETS Proficiency Profile Browser. This will open the window where the icon used to access the test can be downloaded to your PC. In this window click Download ETS Proficiency Profile Browser again. When prompted, click Save and an icon will be downloaded to your Desktop that reads “TAKE THE ETS PROFICIENCY PROFILE TEST NOW.”
- When you are ready to begin the test, click on the TAKE THE ETS PROFICIENCY PROFILE TEST NOW icon on your Desktop. When prompted, click Run.
- Enter the following Session Number: 43845-8451081. It is important to include the dash when typing the number. If you are logging in for the first time, enter your e-mail address on the Login screen. Click on the radio button next to “No, I have not logged in before” and then click Submit.
- Complete your personal profile.
- Click Start Online after completing the personal profile section. You will then be given the opportunity to complete a tutorial and sample assessment to better familiarize yourself with the format of the ETS Proficiency Profile. Click End once you have completed the sample assessment. Click OK on the dialog box that appears to confirm that you are finished with the sample assessment.
- Click Next to begin the assessment. Please note: Under no circumstances should the “Exit” button be clicked until you are ready to submit your assessment for scoring.
- Click Exit once you have completed the assessment.
- Click Logout to exit the administration window and conclude the assessment.
- Email email@example.com and let the test administrator know that you have completed the exam so that your registration hold may be removed. You’re all done!
Good luck and thank you for participating in this project!
If you encounter any problems, please contact ETS Technical Support by sending an email to ProficiencyProfileSupport@testsys.com. You should receive a response within one (1) hour during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 6:00pm EST. If your e-mail is received outside of these hours, ETS will respond immediately the next business day.
System Requirements and Computer Set-up:
- Operating System: Windows XP or later; Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7.0 or greater, Safari 3.0, or Firefox 3.6
- Internet Connection Speed: 128k or greater
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768
Please note: If your system does not meet the above criteria, please contact Christina Hanley (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Melodie Smith (email@example.com) to reserve an on-campus computer to complete the assessment.