Institutional Review Board (IRB)
|IRB Policies and Procedures|
|IRB Research Proposal Template|
General Instructions - IRB Form Completion
- The application must be typed in designated boxes.
- Electronically submitted application forms are preferred. Incomplete submissions will be closed 30 days after notification.
- Type information in the designated boxes which will expand to accept the typed information.
- Please provide complete answers to every question. If an item is not applicable, please type "NA" and briefly explain why it is not applicable.
- Save a copy of all forms submitted. Check forms for layout before printing; some forms are in landscape format.
- Provide copies of all supporting documents (protocol, informed consent, addenda, etc.). Highlight any revisions made.
- To re-open a closed study, a new IRB application must be submitted, reviewed, and approved prior to implementation of any research procedures.
- All Principal investigators and co-researchers must submit proof of CITI certification.
IRB Contact Information
|IRB Chair||Len Archer, Ph.D.|
Adventist University of Health Sciences
Scientific Review Committee (SRC)
|SRC Policies and Procedures|
|Roy Lukman, Ph.D. (Chair)||Roy.Lukman.PhD@adu.edu|
|Janet Calderon, Ph.D.||Janet.Calderon@adu.edu|
|Sebastian Farrell, Ph.D.||Sebastian.Farrell@adu.edu|
|Anael Santos, Ph.D.||Anael.Santos@adu.edu|
|Deena Slockett, Ed.D.||Deena.Slockett@adu.edu|
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
To complete CITI certification, please point your browser to: https://www.citiprogram.org/default.asp
Identify Adventist University of Health Sciences as your participating institution, register and complete the following courses (they will appear automatically once you are registered):
- CITI Good Clinical Practice Course, GCP
- Health Information Privacy and Security (HIPS) for Clinical Investigators, Residents, and Fellows, HIPS
- Social & Behavioral Research - Basic/Refresher, Basic Course
The above courses may take up to 12 hours to complete. Please include the completion certificates with your IRB application submission and send to the IRB Chair: Len Archer, Ph.D.
Survey Submission Form
Anyone wishing to distribute a survey must first submit the survey for approval by the Scientific Review Committee. If you would like to submit a survey, please complete the following form and attach your document.