- Campus Visit Information
- Information Sessions
- Open House
- Virtual Tour
- Directions/Parking Information
- Area Accommodations
- Things to Do in Orlando
ADU welcomes campus visits from prospective students. The University will make every effort to provide an interesting and informative experience for its visitors.
High school seniors and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) and transfer students who reside outside a 175-mile radius of ADU are eligible for the campus visit assistance outlined below.
The University will provide
- One night lodging (The University will make hotel arrangements for you. Arrangements made on your own may not be reimbursed.)
- Two meal tickets per prospective student redeemable at the Florida Hospital Cafeteria. A maximum of six meal tickets will be available per family during the family’s visit.
Students and their parent(s) are responsible for:
- Transportation to and from the airport, bus, or train station.
- Gas and/or travel expenditures.
- Any lodging or meals additional to those provided above.
A typical campus visit will cover one night’s lodging and a day on the campus, visiting and/or meeting with appropriate personnel. The University Recruiter will help to customize your day to meet your needs and interests.
Adventist University is unable to accommodate student visitors under the age of 18, unless accompanied by a parent/guardian. Campus visitation arrangements should be made at least two (2) weeks prior to the requested visitation date. It is recommended that all student visitors be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
If you’d like to schedule a campus visit, please complete the Campus Visit Request.
An information session will give you a chance to get a brief history of Adventist University, general information about the programs offered, an overview of the admissions process, and a tour of the campus.
Scheduling an Information Session
To schedule an information session, please call (407) 303-8192. All guests are asked to arrive on campus 15 minutes before the start of the session.
ADU hosts four separate Open House events each year where prospective students and their families are able to visit the program learning labs, speak with faculty and students from each program, and gain insight into the admission process. At each Open House event, you’ll have the opportunity to learn more about admissions, financial aid, transfer of credit, campus life, academic support, and what to expect as a student in a professional program.
Two Nursing/Nurse Anesthesia and two Allied Health Open Houses are held per year. Typically one of each type will be held in the Fall and the others in the Spring. Upcoming Open House events will be announced on the main University webpage several weeks prior to each event.
Orlando is a hot spot for tourism and there is no shortage of hotel rooms. However, we’d like to recommend these hotels which are close to the school.
- Comfort Suites (Downtown Orlando) — 2 minutes
If you call to book, mention that you’d like the Florida Hospital rate which will give you a discount.
What’s the first thing that pops into your head when you think of things to do in Orlando? Disney World? Sea World? There’s plenty to keep anyone happy and having fun! Just minutes from downtown Orlando, ADU is situated a short drive from many of Florida’s most popular attractions. If going to the beach is more your style, Daytona, New Smyrna, Cocoa, and Playalinda beaches are just an hour’s drive from ADU. Orlando also has many local museums and shopping areas that will appeal to anyone. Whether you want to take surf lessons at Cocoa Beach, meet Mickey Mouse, play a round of golf, enjoy a quiet canoe ride down the Wekiva River, or “shop ‘til you drop,” Orlando has it all and more!
Theme Parks and Attractions
- Walt Disney World Theme Parks and Resorts — 30 minutes
- SeaWorld Orlando — 25 minutes
- Universal Studios Theme Parks and Resorts—25 minutes
- Gatorland — 30 minutes
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor’s Complex — 70 minutes
- Orlando Museum of Art — 2 minutes
- Menello Museum of American Art — 2 minutes
- Orlando Science Center — 2 minutes
- Morse Museum — 7 minutes
State Parks and Gardens
- Harry P. Leu Gardens — 5 minutes
- Mead Botanical Garden — 5 minutes
- Wekiwa Springs State Park — 25 minutes
- Kelly Park (Rock Springs) — 30 minutes